The programs offered at pTEC are primarily designed to prepare students for entry into the job market or to give students the opportunity to improve skills and prepare for advancement in their current employment. An incoming student who has previously attended another accredited postsecondary institution may provide an official transcript for credit evaluation. Acceptance of credit completed at another institution will be appropriately awarded provided it occurred during the past three (3) years. A student must present an official transcript from an accredited postsecondary institution and have the credits accepted toward the current program prior to enrollment.
Students may transfer between programs within pTEC after consultation with a counselor and completion of a new registration form. Guidance recommendations may include computerized assessments, shadowing, and/or an instructor interview to help the student make the appropriate choice.
Additionally, credit may be given for work experience after evaluation and documentation of skills. Documentation of work experience that occurred during the past three (3) years must be done prior to enrollment. Documentation of work experience may take many forms and is best if clearly related to and identified with course objectives. The following are examples of good documentation:
• Current license in the field of enrollment, supported by performance standards for acquiring the license.
• Current certification in the field of enrollment.
• Samples of work produced.
• Evidence of training undertaken and completed with description of objectives achieved and learning outcomes.
• Documented and validated volunteer work.