Fees and Expenses
pTEC tuition and fees are collected upon initial registration and subsequent fee periods. Cash, credit card (Visa and MasterCard), FL Prepaid ID Card*, money orders, personal checks, and Cashier's Checks are accepted. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Tuition for programs offered is established by the Pinellas County School Board. Current tuition rates as of August 1, 2012 are as follows:
- Career Technical Certificate - $2.92 per hour for residents and $11.71 per hour for nonresidents/foreign students
- Adult General Education (with or without diploma or GED) - Includes ESOL, Adult Disabled, and GED. Does NOT include High School Credit, homeless populations, or individuals in state foster care programs. $30 per term for residents (not to exceed three terms/$90 per year) and $120 per term for nonresidents/foreign students (not to exceed three terms/$360 per year); some classes have lab fees.
- Fee-Based Instruction - The fees for these classes will be based on the actual cost of each course and will be determined by the facility offering the course or CTAE administration for courses offered at all facilities.
- Self-Sustaining - The fees for these classes will be based on the actual cost of each course and will be determined by the facility offering the course or CTAE administration for courses offered at all facilities.
In addition to tuition, pTEC programs and courses are subject to the following fees:
- Nonrefundable application/processing fee
- ID card
- Parking decal
- Books, tools, and supplies
- Laboratory fees
- Equipment and facility usage fees
- Graduation fees
- Uniforms (as required by program)
- Certification or licensure exam assessments (as required by program)
* For FL Prepaid, please bring your card to each registration. Currently, only tuition fees are covered. Other fees such as lab, facility, ID Application, etc., should be paid out of pocket or through another type of financial aid.