Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET)
The HOBET evaluates four areas that are essential for academic success. These areas are: reading, matehematics, English and language usage, and science. The science section will not be averaged into your final score.
You must score at least a 60% to be eligible to apply for the Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Technician or Surgical Technology programs. The HOBET may be taken only two times during a year’s time. There is a required 30 day minimum waiting period before retaking the HOBET a second time.
The HOBET costs $32.50 each time you take it. Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Testing lab is Room G-2.
Before you take the HOBET, you must go online and create a new user account with ATI as follows:
- Go to http://www.atialliedhealth.com
- Select "Create an Account” which is located on the top right side of the page.
Complete the User Information page.
- For the "Institution” choose "Pinellas Tech Center St. PetersburgAH”.
- Student/Employer ID: Leave blank
- Credentials: Leave blank
- Check the "Non-degree seeking” box
- Leave graduation blank.
- Click on REGISTER at the bottom of the page when finished.
- You must print this page with your user name and ID.
- Remember your password.
VERY IMPORTANT. You will NOT be allowed in the test session without these four items:
- Pink copy of paid HOBET receipt
- Photo ID with your signature
- ATI registration page with user name and ID and password
- Qualifying TABE scores or proof of an AA degree or higher from an approved U.S. accredited institution
Listed below are several websites where HOBET aids are available:
You can purchase a computer based HOBET practice assessment for $35 and/or a HOBET study guide for $42 at www.atitesting.com. The study guide is available in the pTEC St. Petersburg bookstore for $54.60, plus tax.
- Every Wednesday at 9:00 am
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:00 pm