Child Care Center Operations
- Total Cost*
- 45 Hours
- Book, Tool & Supply List*
- Course Information:
- Nancy McGreevy 727-538-7167 ext. 2043 or Barbara Backus - 727-538-7167 ext. 2159
- Admissions Contact:
- Nancy McGreevy - email@example.com or Barbara Backus - 727-538-7167 ext. 2159 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: The mission of this program is to prepare students to meet the requirements for the state administrator credential coursework which includes the areas of organizational leadership, financial management, legal obligations and responsibilities, educational programming, marketing strategies, assessment, monitoring practices, observations, referrals, and collaboration of programs with families and community resources.
Program V200206 consists of the following course.
Child Care Center Director - Course HEV0160 (45 hours) - Students learn to analyze the leadership role of the program administrator in creating and sustaining an effective organizational structure in a child care and education setting; develop effective personnel policies and procedures; develop a system for staff recruitment; develop a system for financial planning, budgeting and marketing strategies; demonstrate an understanding of legal obligations/responsibilities of a child care facility including those related to tax laws, insurance, and licensure; apply knowledge of program elements needed to implement and sustain a culturally sensitive, non-discriminatory and inclusive environment based upon principles of child development and professional standards; maintain a system for ongoing assessment and documentation related to children within the child care center program; develop a system for monitoring child care facility practices related to health, safety, and nutrition; create policies that promote alliances with families and collaboration among programs, families, and community resources.
Special Admission Requirements: This course can be used to obtain a Foundational Level Director Credential.Students must possess a high school diploma or a GED, have completed the Department of Children and Families Introductory 40 clock hour training, and possess an active Florida staff credential in order to apply for the Director Credential.There is no pre-requisite for taking this course.
Classes are held at various locations in Pinellas County. Please click here for information about class schedules.
Distance Education: Available – refer to Distance Learning section
Industry Certification(s): Graduates of the program are eligible to apply for the Level 1 Florida Child Care Education Director Credential
This program is not PELL eligible.
- Pinellas Early Childhood Association - www.pinellaseca.org
- Florida Association for the Education of Young Children - www.flaeyc.org
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - www.naeyc.org
- Coordinated Child Care of Pinellas, Inc. - www.childcarepinellas.org
- Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, FL - www.jwbpinellas.org
- Pinellas County License Board - www.pclb.org
- Early Learning Coalition - www.elcpinellas.net
Minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirement: 70%
Minimum Attendance Requirement: 70%
* Length of program and all costs are approximate and subject to change.