Commercial Class B Driving
- Total Cost*
- Not available
- 1.5 Months
- Book, Tool & Supply List*
- Course Information:
- Laura Kingsland - 727-893-2500 ext.2555
- Admissions Contact:
- Sandee Davies - 727-893-2500 ext. 2555
Mission: The mission of this program is to prepare students for employment as Florida Class "B” License Truck Drivers.
Program I490251 consists of one course. To view program expenses, click here.
Truck Driver Heavy Florida Class "B” – Course TRA0084 (150 hours) - This program consists of one course and includes driving range/classroom, and 200 miles of hands-on road driving on a variety of roads and conditions. Content includes D.O.T. safety regulations, understanding and complying with vehicle operation regulations, cargo handling and trip planning, vehicle inspection, maintenance and servicing, basic vehicle control procedures and basic vehicle maneuvers. Upon satisfactory completion of all requirements, students will be tested on-site for their Class "B” Commercial Drivers License (CDL). Those passing will obtain their license from the Department of Motor Vehicles office.
Special Admission Requirements: Students must have a safe driving record, be at least 19 years of age and comply with state and federal licensing requirements. Students will submit to a drug screening.
Additional Training/Testing Offered: Please check with the instructor, Laura Kingsland – 727-893-2500, extension 2555 – for specific dates and times.
- Third-party testing for license classes "A”, "B”, "C”, and Passenger Endorsement
- "Train the Trainer” – for industry personnel to acquire a third-party CDL Testers Certificate issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (Tallahassee, FL) – 50 hours
Distance Education: The blended online program is a combination of distance learning, driving experience on the driving range on campus, and driving experience on the road. The online curriculum covers the bookwork part of the CVD program and equals 50 hours of classroom content. Whether students choose the blended online or the onsite class, the lessons are the same and available online to both groups. The curriculum is available online through our school’s current learning management system (LMS), Angel.
Industry Certification(s): Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- National Association of Publicly Funded Truck Driving Schools - www.napftds.org
- Women in Trucking - www.WomenInTrucking.org
This program is not PELL eligible.
Minimum Satisfactory Academic Requirements: 70%
Minimum Attendance Requirements: 70%
* Length of program and all costs are approximate and subject to change.